Resources for Chapter Leaders
Chapter Organizing Manual
This manual provides a comprehensive overview of Women's March Canada’s chapter processes, duties and responsibilities.
Merging and Dissolving Chapters
Sometimes chapters merge, sometimes they dissolve. Reference Women's March Canada’s policies above and the sample letters below to guide you through this process.
- Sample letter to dissolve a chapter
- Sample letter to merge one chapter into another
- Sample letter to merge two chapters into one chapter
Women's March Canada events should be accessible to all. When planning meetings and events, reference the above checklist to make sure you are complying with Women's March Canada’s accessibility policy.
Policy for Interaction Between Chapters Sharing the Same Geographical Area
Passed by the Women's March Canada Board of Directors, TBA. This document guides interactions between chapters in the same geographic area.
Branding your Women's March Canada chapter
Every Women's March Canada chapter has its own personality. Refer to this branding guide to ensure your chapter’s distinct identity is reflected. Please use the below image when designing your chapter’s logo.
Feminist Planning Calendar
Below are some important dates throughout the year for your chapter to organize around.
- January: March On Washington anniversary (January 21st)
- Black History Month; National; Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- February 12: Sexual and Reproductive Health Awareness Day; National;Canadian Federation for Sexual Health
- Junior Achievement Month; National; Junior Achievement Canada
- Third Week: Scout-Guide Week; National; Scouts Canada and Girl Guides of Canada
- February 20: World Day of Social Justice; International; United Nations
- Last Wednesday: Pink Shirt Day (Anti-bullying); National; Pink Shirt Day
- First Week: Sexual Abuse Awareness Week;
- Fourth Week: National Victims of Crime Awareness Week; National; Justice Canada
- June 12: World Day Against Child Labour; International; United Nations
- June 20: World Refugee Day; International; UN
- June 21: National Aboriginal Day; National; Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada
- June 27: Canadian Multiculturalism Day; National; Canadian Heritage
- July 1: Canada Day; National; Canadian Heritage
- Women’s Equality Day (26th)
- August 9: International Day of the World's Indigenous People; International;UN
- September: National Hispanic Heritage Month, Labor Day
- Family Violence Prevention Month; Alberta; Government of Alberta
- National Community Safety and Crime Prevention Campaign; National; Canada Safety Council
- Woman Abuse Prevention Month; Ontario; Ministry of Citizenship
- Third Week: Bullying Awareness Week; National; www.bullying.org
- November 25: International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women; International; UN
- November 25 - December 6: White Ribbon Campaign; National; The White Ribbon Campaign (men against men's violence against women)
- December 2: United Nations International Day for the Abolition of Slavery; International; UN
- December 3: United Nations International Day of Disabled Persons; International; UN
- December 6: National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women; National; Status of Women Canada
- December 10: Human Rights Day; International; UN
- Start planning for next year!
Feel free to communicate this feedback to our Chapter Support Manager via email at email@example.com