We are not ready to put away their protest signs just yet...are you?
On January 21, 2017, tens of thousands of Canadians took to the streets from coast to coast, and in Washington, D.C., joining together to defend women’s equality and other causes. We know there are events across the country that women and allies need to know about. Our mission is to inspire, unite and lead the charge for the advancement of women across Canada. Any time women gather with a collective intention, it's a powerful thing. Let's see this happen across Canada!
Circles are a place where women can be unapologetically ambitious. Where we can give voice to our dreams and find the encouragement to start chasing them. They’re a place for sharing ideas, gaining skills, seeking advice, and showing solidarity. Most of all, they’re a place where we help each other become our very best selves. Whatever your goal—whether you’re working toward a promotion or building your confidence, reentering the workforce or starting a business—your Circle will help you get there.
The work that we do, our vision and values can be explained in a unifying framework called H.E.R.S., which spells out the women’s rights priorities of Health, Economic Security, Representation, and Safety.
Lean In Circles are small groups who meet regularly to learn and grow together, and they're changing lives. Women are asking for more, stepping outside their comfort zones, and leaning in.We'll be in the EBC room on the first floor of Communitech!
- Economic Security — Women are powerful drivers of economic growth, and their economic empowerment benefits all nations. Women’s March Canada supports the dismantling of economic barriers that obstruct women’s full and equal access to local, national, and global economic systems.
- Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 06:00 PM
- Aga Khan Museum in Toronto $45.00 CAD
Join Women’s March Canada Huron Chapter in celebrating International Women’s Day! Local makers market, local organizations that support local women in our community, local musicians, and local food vendors.
This is a free event. Women’s feminine hygiene donations accepted at the door.
Please help us spread the word!
Participants will meet at designated starting points throughout downtown Galt and begin walking toward the Main Street Bridge at noon. When all groups have reached the bridge they will assemble there for approximately 10 minutes to interact with passers by, waving signs and streamers in one of 4 colours! Everyone will walk together to City Hall and we will have hot drinks and a speaker at The Bowman Room.
- Saturday, March 09, 2019 at 09:30 AM
- Mission Creek Regional Park, Kelowna in Kelowna, BC, Canada $25.00 CAD
The goal of this event is to empower a diverse group of women to be a force of positive change. The theme is Women Healing Communities. All are welcome to attend the march.
- Monday, March 11, 2019 at 12:00 AM
- Calgary Zoo in Calgary, AB, Canada $254.00 CAD
- Saturday, April 06, 2019 at 09:00 AM
- Emily Murphy Park in Edmonton, AB, Canada $25.00 CAD