Your Chapter's Strategic Plan
We've created a form to help you write your Chapter's strategic plan. Part of the reasoning to do this is to get your whole committee thinking along the same lines and to communicate that is a clear way. The form is set up so that once you've written your strategic plan it will be emailed to you and you'll be able to see other Chapter's plans for comparison.
You can complete your Chapter's Strategic Plan here: https://goo.gl/forms/i35rg8OQwOiYdv7H2
Possible Chapter Goals
Here are a few measurable goals that you might set for your chapter might include (note the numbers listed here are examples; your chapter can set your own measurement value to your goals):
- share 12-48 events per year with our community on our website calendar and social media channels. Why? Social isolation is a health matter.
- Economic Security
- encourage local area political candidates to complete our #WomenInPolitics survey
- ensure that at least 8 locally elected representatives are listed on Our #WomeninPolitics List.
- coordinate two (2) field trips to city hall a year to see how city council works during meetings
- host two (2) InspireNow events a year to hear local women in politics to share their stories in order to engage women in your community who may be interested in politics.
Branding your Women's March Canada chapter
Every Women's March Canada chapter has its own personality. Refer to this branding guide to ensure your chapter’s distinct identity is reflected: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iTpxo1PNabY5xf3HffJVCZ5aWm8PvvAVbTwEi3J0jTM/edit?usp=sharing
One person of your Chapter can also be added for free on the Canva account for Women's March Canada. They'll be able to access our brand kit, team templates and features like resizing designs. Members will be able to create and share designs. This is perfect for anyone who needs to make branded designs — especially your team members working on in marketing, social media & fundraising.
Feminist Planning Calendar
Below are some important dates throughout the year for your chapter to organize around.
- January: March On Washington anniversary (January 21st)
- Black History Month; National; Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- February 12: Sexual and Reproductive Health Awareness Day; National;Canadian Federation for Sexual Health
- Junior Achievement Month; National; Junior Achievement Canada
- Third Week: Scout-Guide Week; National; Scouts Canada and Girl Guides of Canada
- February 20: World Day of Social Justice; International; United Nations
- Last Wednesday: Pink Shirt Day (Anti-bullying); National; Pink Shirt Day
- First Week: Sexual Abuse Awareness Week;
- Fourth Week: National Victims of Crime Awareness Week; National; Justice Canada
- June 12: World Day Against Child Labour; International; United Nations
- June 20: World Refugee Day; International; UN
- June 21: National Aboriginal Day; National; Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada
- June 27: Canadian Multiculturalism Day; National; Canadian Heritage
- June - Early September: Pride Celebrations happening across Canada and ideas from around the world
- July 1: Canada Day; National; Canadian Heritage
- Women’s Equality Day (26th)
- August 9: International Day of the World's Indigenous People; International;UN
- Family Violence Prevention Month; Alberta; Government of Alberta
- National Community Safety and Crime Prevention Campaign; National; Canada Safety Council
- Woman Abuse Prevention Month; Ontario; Ministry of Citizenship
- Third Week: Bullying Awareness Week; National; www.bullying.org
- November 25: International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women; International; UN
- November 25 - December 6: White Ribbon Campaign; National; The White Ribbon Campaign (men against men's violence against women)
- December 2: United Nations International Day for the Abolition of Slavery; International; UN
- December 3: United Nations International Day of Disabled Persons; International; UN
- December 6: National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women; National; Status of Women Canada
- December 10: Human Rights Day; International; UN
- Start planning for next year!
Our Slack Workspace
Have more ideas or questions? Ask them on our Women's March Canada Organizers' Slack workspace.